O’Reilly for Higher Education, a new database resource, is now available at the Bellevue University Library. This database contains e-books, videos, lessons, and case studies on a wide range of topics, including computer programming, business, health, security and more. All content is available online directly through the O’Reilly interface, or via the Library’s Discovery Search service.
Once logged into the O’Reilly platform, users can view curated playlists which combine video content and e-books on related topics. The database also gives users the option to browse or search by topic under the “Explore” section. The “Answers” section allows users to ask a question and find quick answers within O’Reilly content.
O’Reilly for Higher Education also has a mobile app for both iOS and Android devices. This app can be downloaded from the App Store or the Google Play store, and allows users to download e-books to their mobile device. To use the app, users must create a personal account on the O’Reilly platform by following these steps:
- Go to https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/temporary-access/
- Under “Select Your Institution,” choose “Not listed? Click here.”
- Login with your @bellevue.edu or @my.bellevue.edu e-mail address
- You will receive an e-mail shortly, which will allow you to set up a password
- With your Bellevue University e-mail address and new password, you can now login to the O’Reilly for Higher Education app.