Live Love Spa founded National Wellness Month in 2018 to promote community, connection, and commerce in the Wellness industry. National Wellness Month inspires consumers to focus on wellness and provides a platform for wellness companies to highlight their services and benefits. The Registrar at National Day Calendar proclaimed National Wellness Month to be observed annually in August.
All during August, National Wellness Month focuses on self-care, managing stress and promoting healthy routines. We encourage you to create wholesome habits in your lifestyle all month long and see how much better you feel! Research has shown self-care helps manage stress and promotes happiness. Whether you challenge yourself to a new yoga pose or try a different spa treatment, make a small change and impact your health in positive ways.
Here are some tips to try this month:
- Keep a journal to help you process your feelings and thoughts.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that will make you feel better.
- Enjoy music that is uplifting and makes you feel good.
- Our bodies are about 60% water, so stay hydrated.
- Make sure you take time to do some form of meditation.
- Make time to hang out with friends and family.
- Go watch the sunrise or sunset and enjoy nature.
- Participate in at least one physical activity a day.
If you are looking for even more ideas, this healthy women blog has tips that apply to both men and women.