Some days are great, most days are just good, and then we have those days that just wind up being bad. On the bad days, what do you do? Do you let them drag you down? We can change our approach to turning a bad day into a good day by using some of the tips below:
- Breathe using deep breaths for 1-2 minutes calms the mind and body.
- Do a power pose. It may seem silly but if you stand up confidently like Superman with your legs apart, head up and your hands on your hips, you will be surprised how positive you will feel.
- Hugging someone can help you feel optimistic. An embrace that lasts more than 30 seconds can release an unexpectedly large amount of stress.
- Pet An Animal. Petting a cat, dog, bird, etc. has a calming and stress relieving effect. It will also boost your pet’s mood too.
- Find a New Viewpoint. Ask yourself a few questions such as: Will this matter 5 years from now? Who cares? What is one small action or practical step I can take to start turning this day around?
The tips above were taken from “The Positivity Blog” on June 6, 2018. The blog is titled “9 powerful tips to help you turn a bad day around” by Henrik Edberg. If you would like to read more tips, please visit https://www.positivityblog.com/turn-bad-day-around/
The Bellevue University Library has some wonderful resources on positivity. Here are a few titles:
Happiness, Morality, and Freedom by Arthur Melnick.
Happiness: Personhood, Community, Purpose by Pedro Alexis Tabensky.
The Happiness Equation Video by Creative Live (15 minutes)
Happy Video by Wadi Rum Films (1 h, 14 min)
Real Happiness: Proven Paths for Contentment, Peace and Well-Being by Jonah Paquette.