Welcome to Episode 30 of the “More Than Books” Podcast! Named after the official Bellevue University Library newsletter, each episode features library staff members discussing a topic related to literature, libraries, technology, pop culture, and more. Now available on iTunes!
Description: Joel and Colin take a break from discussing more serious topics and instead talk about what they’ve been reading recently and what books they recommend others pick up. Despite reading fairly different material from one another, they nonetheless find common ground in their enjoyment of horror, parody, and science-fiction, and wind up with so much to talk about that they might have to record a Summer Reading Club Part 2 soon!
Intro – “Fade Away” from the Better Way by LMOutro – “Can’t Stop Me” from Feeding the Lions EP by ProleteR
- A Head Full of Ghosts, by Paul Tremblay (2015)
- Disappearance at Devil’s Rock, by Paul Tremblay (2016)
- The Cabin at the End of the World, by Paul Tremblay (2018)
- House of Leaves, by Mark Z. Danielewski (2000)
- Pompeii: The Life of a Roman Town, by Mary Beard (2008)
- Noir, by Christopher Moore (2018)
- Inherent Vice, by Thomas Pynchon (2009)
- Bleeding Edge, by Thomas Pynchon (2013)
- Cryptonomicon, by Neal Stephenson (1999)
- Reamde, by Neal Stephenson (2011)
- Transmetropolitan, by Warren Ellis (1997-2002)
- Injection, by Warren Ellis (2015-present)
- The Peregrine, by J.A. Baker (1967)
The views and opinions discussed within the “More Than Books” Podcast do not necessarily represent those of the Bellevue University Library or Bellevue University as a whole.