Business Education Forum is the official publication of the National Business Education Association. The journal is published four times a year: February, April, October, and December. It is written and edited by business educators and others concerned with advancing business education.
Four special sections are published throughout the year: Entrepreneurship (February), Administration and Supervision (April), Research (October), and Student Organizations (December). Articles of general interest to business educators such as teaching ideas, trends, and current issues are reported in the Open Forum section of the journal. Also, news on national, regional, and state business education associations; business educator awards and honors; convention and membership information; and views about business education held by association leaders are reported in Business Education Forum.
Some departments found in each issue include:
- From the President – discusses the main topic of that journal.
- Business Education – articles relating to the topic of business education.
- Planbook – how-to pieces that share successful lessons or teaching approaches.
- Business Spotlight – focus on a particular business.
- Mentoring Minute – discusses aspects of mentoring.
Then throughout the year, you will find these departments:
- CTSO (Career-Technical Student Organization) – inspirational articles that share the special achievements of student organizations such as FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), BPA (Business Professionals of America), DECA, or communication strategies for student engagement.
- C-Suite View – issues trending in the workplace.
The print version of the journal can be found in the periodical section of the Bellevue University Library, with coverage available from 2017-present. It is a great resource for all business majors.
Originally posted in the Freeman/Lozier Library’s quarterly newsletter, More Than Books, V. 21 No. 2, Spring 2018.